Magazines - November 2011
Katie Holmes opens up about her daughter Suri and how she balances her career and family life.

On always bringing along a snack and a coloring book: “My daughter was with me the other day at a work event and it was a long day. I took out some paper and markers that I had in my bag, and someone said to me, ‘Oh, that is so cute,’ and I looked at her and thought, No, this is not cute. This is what all mothers have to do.”

On looking effortless as she balances work and family life: “Because you have to. As an actress who is also a mother, you don’t have the luxury of drama.”

On what's up next: "I'm excited to begin a new phase: roles I might have been afraid to play before, places I want to travel to with my daughter. I'd like to build the design business. But not too fast."

On Suri's fortunate position as the daughter of famous parents: "Being around this business, my daughter is exposed to people with incredible talent, people who are the best at what they do. People I only dreamed of getting to work with as a little girl."



read more here
 
Top