I love clothes, shoes, accessories and everything related to fashion.   I love buying new stuff and wearing them without keeping them waiting in the closet; I enjoy this a lot. However, I believe the fashion industry is mostly about PR and marketing.  Aren’t we surrounded by billboard ads, e-mail ads, magazine ads etc.etc... you name it.  Every other day I get an e-mail from my favorite retail stores and see their new launches and new lines, which eventually leads me to their website or store and buy new stuff!  As I said, I’ve always loved shopping ever since I was a kid but these days I’ve started to think, “why am I buying so much?”...  It doesn’t end, it never ends. The other day, I went out and bought myself 2 dresses, 2 belts, one necklace, a sweater, a t-shirt, a pair of designer jeans which I found on sale. AND I still want those pair of shoes I saw in Zara, and that blazer at Mango.  This just doesn’t seem to have an end.  I’m sure I’ll buy those too and then what happens? I’ll see something else and will want that too.  And this is exactly what the fashion industry wants.  New collections come out, then capsule collections are launched, then new trends are on the rise and we go and buy them. 

There’s also something that I totally can’t understand.  In the name of fashion, we all wear or buy weird clothing items.  I try not to buy anything that I wouldn’t be wearing comfortably or anything looks ridiculously ugly while it’s imposed upon us otherwise.  I have to get this one off my chest: Isabel Marant wedge sneakers... these are one of the most ridiculously ugly pair of shoes I’ve ever seen.  They’re not feminine nor classy at all. Just a pair of clunky ugly shoes.  Please don’t be a fashion victim and let yourself make believe that these are the coolest shoes at the moment.  Because they are not.  While there are many nice sneakers out there, come on...

Anyway, I think I’m going to get that blazer I’m totally obsessed with now and serve the fashion industry some more... But at least it’s a wearable classy blazer and not some ridiculously clunky ugly weird pair of shoes.

Have a nice day...
 

 
 does this lady look elegant with that skirt and the shoes???



 
pictures from the web.
 
 
Top