So I was able to order the silk brocade fabric for my new obsessive project, the LACMA Sacque-ma.  I feel like...like...I'm now part of a special club of historical costumers who sew with silk.  I know, shocking it's taken me so long, but this will be my *first* all-silk gown.

Silk brocade from Puresilks.us
No really.

The only way I could justify the expense was to sell a couple older costumes, and I have more old costumes to sell (because the trim isn't purchased yet, ha!).  It's costume recycle!  Like when you take your soda cans to the magic money machine, then spend the money on more soda...

Metallic trims from Tinsel Trading.  These are expensive, but I think I can find something more affordable and that does the job at my local Mill End.
Anywho...

I got 10 yards.  It's 44 inches wide (boo, don't we all hope for 60?), and I plan to use inexpensive fabric on the back of the petticoat, so that saved a little.  Let's hope I've done my math right.
 
Top