With the holidays looming, it's time to think about what the heck to wear for all the fun Victorian Christmas events.  I've been spending 2012 building up my 18th century wardrobe, but sadly neglecting my Victorian.  I have one mid-Victorian dress, but it's really a summer frock, and that just won't do for snowy December.

I have a plan, though! I made a skirt out of some black-ish plaid "Homespun" brand fabric from JoAnn's, a couple years back, and I set aside a little chunk of it for a someday-bodice.  That someday is now. :-)

This is the skirt made out of the black plaid fabric.
Do I have enough? No clue.  I may need to get pretty crafty with what yardage remains, but I'm betting I can squeak out a simple bodice from this pattern:

The purple bodice, but minus the puffs on the sleeves.
Seems like a quick project.  Let's hope!  I have plenty of time, of course - my 10 yards of silk brocade for the LACMA Sacque-ma is backordered and won't be ready for at least a month and a half.  In the meantime...Victorian Christmas Stuff. :-)
 
Top