Yes, I was in Baku, Azerbaijan for three full days for business purpose.  The trip was full of meetings followed by exploring the city in the evenings and whenever we got the chance in-between meetings during the day.  As far as I could see, with the limited time and limited places to explore, the city is romantically and peacefully beautiful.  During the day I could feel the soothing peace of the city, whilst at night the romance of the city.  

Obviously a lot was spent on making the city beautiful and developed.  According to the locals that I spoke with, hosting the Eurovision Song Contest had a big impact on development of tourism in Baku.  Western tourists that I saw roaming the Old Town were a proof of this.  



The food was delicious, I'm sorry that I didn't take any pictures of the stuff we tasted. However, I assure you that you won't regret when you taste the oh-so-delicious food in Baku.  You must taste kutab, lulefavkua, various pickles, asetrin fish from the Caspian Sea. 

People are very very hospitable, they go out of their way to make you comfortable and content during your visit.  



There is a huge history in Azerbaijan too that you can’t skip. Qobustan National Park, a Unesco World Heritage Site, goes all the way back to prehistoric times. There you can see all these different kinds of petroglyphs, which are amazing. 



During your visit to Baku, you must see the Old Town as well, which goes back to 14th Century.  









Thanks for stopping by!




 
Top