The pattern went together quite nicely. The measurements are accurate, and I found the pieces quite true. The pattern notes that the center back pieces, at the hem, are longer than the rest of the bodice hem, which I suspect was a purposeful design, as the rest of the pieces match so cleanly.
I hit a snag with the pattern where the revers are concerned. The illustration shows these lovely little turned back bits on the lower edge of the bodice, but when I turned back my bits, according to the lines on the pattern, it didn't look at all like the illustration.
|The hem cut into a shape I liked|
|Skirt swags, along with the bodice back - on the left, the altered line (which may be altered further), and on the right the original lines.|
I've been trying to wrap my head around each part of this ensemble, so have done a lot of sketches:
These are derived from various gowns on my 1879 Pinterest board. These are a few of the reference images I feel most closely resemble what I'm trying to create: