ENG: Today we're having a sunny but breezy day. Waiting for winter that is around the corner. As of next week it'll get colder in Istanbul; just about time before Christmas and New Year's Eve. I must admit that I'm not very fond of gray and gloomy winter days; however, there is something very very soothing and calming aspect of snow. Unfortunately we don't get much snow here, but who knows maybe this year we'll be more lucky snow-wise. 

During winter I tend to wear more dark colors, which I never used to do when I was in my teen years.  I never used to like black for example, it seemed very dull and boring to me. Nevertheless, as I got "older"- notice in quotation- I grew into dark colors such as a non-color color black and dark greens and maroons. Now, in my very last months of my twenties, I see that I wear these darker hues quite often; at least in winter. 

There is one point though; pastels look and feel great in the winter! They are soft, feminine, and have a vintage feel to them. Err, maybe not so practical in wet rainy streets of Istanbul, but who cares; as long as you don't get splashed by a ridiculous driver, you're fine and safe :)

So today I'd like to share with you guys some of my favorite pastel coat looks. Why coats? Because the coat is the main focal point of our outfit during winter and it is the main character! Don't you agree?


TR: Bugün hava oldukça güneşli ancak serin.  Uzaktan göz kırpan kış artık kapımızda sayılır.  Önümüzdeki haftadan itibaren Istanbul iyice soğuyacak; tam da Noel ve Yılbaşı öncesi olması gerektiği gibi.  Açıkçası gri, kapalı ve kasvetli kış günlerini pek sevmem. Fakat, karlı havaların insana huzur ve dinginlik veren bir etkisi olduğu kesin!  Ne yazık ki buralara fazla kar düşmese de bu yıl daha şanslı olacağımızı umuyorum.

Kışın kendi adıma konuşmam gerekirse biraz daha koyu renklere yöneliyor elim, ki daha küçükken asla siyah ve koyu renkleri giymeyi hiç sevmezdim. Siyahı sıkıcı ve sıradan bulurdum.  Artık siyahla ve koyu yeşil, bordo gibi koyu renklerle aram daha iyi. Yirmili yaşlarımın son birkaç ayını yaşadığım şu günlerde sıklıkla bu renkleri giydiğimi farkediyorum; en azından kışın. 

Ancak, bir noktayı atlamamak gerek! Pastel renkler kışın oldukça güzel olabiliyor.  Yumuşak, feminenve hafif vintage havasında. Hmm, belki Istanbul'un ıslak caddelerinde çok pratikmiş gibi gelmese de kulağa, bir dikkatsiz/bencil sürücü tarafından üzerinize su sıçratılmadığı sürece güvendesiniz diyebiliriz :)

Bu kadar girizgahtan sonra konuya gelirsek, bugün sizlerle en çok beğendiğim pastel manto modellerini paylaşmak istiyorum.  Neden mi manto? Çünkü kışın kıyafetlerimizin baş aktristi onlar da o yüzden. 

ESP: Hoy tenemos un dia muy soleado pero un poco frio. Esperamos el invierno que esta guiñando de la esquina.  Desde proxima semana va a hacer mas frio en Estambul. Momento perfecto antes de Navidades y Nochevieja!  Necesito decir que no me gusta el tiempo gris y oscuro, pero hay un aspecto calmante y relajante efecto de la nieve. 

Durante el invierno me pongo ropas mas oscuras.  Cuando era un adolescente nunca me pongo ropas oscuras. Pero ahora esto ha cambiado y especialmente en el invierno ropas oscuras son muy "in" en mi armario. 

Pero, quiero expresar mi pensamiento sobre los pasteles en el invierno.  Creo que, los pasteles son muy femenino y suave con un poco toque de vintage. Aunque puede ser un poco arrisgueado en Estambul con mucho lluvia; pero, mientras que si no seas salpicado agua de los coches estas salvo :)

Pues, hoy me gustaria compartir mis favoritos de los abrigos en pasteles. ¿Por qué abrigos? Porque son los unicas actrises de nuestros outfits en el invierno. ¿No le parece? 







I did mention vintage, right?

Vintage demiştim, değil mi?

¿He dicho vintage, no?


Thanks for reading!

photos: Pinterest
 
Top