I *have* been sewing - deadlines and reasons to rush and all that.  I've made a little progress on the 1740s Habit I planned for some time ago, but it's slow going.

Pinned in place, just to see how it might look
I think I am reluctant on this project because I don't really understand proper tailoring - which facings to use where, when, and why.  I've purchased several books on tailoring, so I should sit down and read them and acquire a grasp of it, at least.

Meanwhile, I ordered the taffeta for the skirt and jacket lining.  My inspiration piece is this costume from Marie Antoinette:


I made a guess on the color - no time for swatching, and though I doubt it will match, maybe it will be close.  (The blue in my photo is bluer than the velveteen appears in real life; and I suspect the color of the taffeta in the store's photo is not all that indicative either).


Onward!
 
Top